You must be aware of the Poll feature on some of the social networking sites. A poll is a good way to interact with your followers on social media. This poll feature is pretty famous on Instagram, where you can easily do a poll on your Instagram stories. A poll is something where you can ask a question to your followers by giving them an option of different choices. However, Instagram has an in-build poll feature, but when it comes to Snapchat, you do not have an in-built feature. If you are wondering how to do a poll on Snapchat, we are here with a small guide that you can follow to create polls on Snapchat.
How to do a poll on Snapchat?
Reasons to do a poll on Snapchat
Creating polls for your followers is a great way to create an interactive audience on any social media platform. Since every other social media site has a poll feature, you must focus on creating a poll on Snapchat. If you have a good number of followers on your Snapchat, you can create polls to get the opinions of your followers for any question or advice. Moreover, if you are running a huge business, then you must know how to interact with your followers to know about their preferences for the service that your business is selling. With the help of polls, people can easily answer questions and express their opinions on a subject as expressing an opinion through a poll is pretty fast and convenient. Therefore, creating a poll for your followers can help you create an interactive audience and even help you get in touch with new followers.
3 Ways to do a poll on Snapchat
There are several methods for creating a poll on Snapchat. Since Snapchat does not come with an in-built poll feature, we have to rely on third-party applications. Here are some methods that you can try for creating a poll on Snapchat.
Method 1: Use Pollsgo website
One of the fast and most convenient ways to create polls for Snapchat is using the Pollsgo website that is designed to create polls for Snapchat itself. You can follow these steps for this method:
1. The first step is to open the Pollsgo website on your computer or smartphone.
2. Now, you can select the language of your poll questions. In our case, we have selected English.
3. You can easily give your poll a name by typing your desired name for the poll. After you have given a name for your poll, click on Get started.
4. You will see three options where you can select by adding personal questions, group questions, or creating your own questions. The personal and group questions are pre-framed by the website, and you can easily select the one you like among them. Pollsgo is a great website as it offers pre-framed questions for users who do not want to create their own.
5. You can select as many questions you want by clicking on the option of ‘add more questions to your poll.’ Moreover, you can create a combination of personal, group, and own questions for creating a more fun poll for the users.
6. After you have added all the questions, you have to select the poll options for your followers to choose from. Pollsgo is pretty flexible when it comes to creating your own options. You can easily edit or delete any of the site’s options. However, you will not be able to add more than 6 options for each question. Technically, there should be at least 2 options for every question. Moreover, you can also edit the background color of your polls.
7. Finally, you can click on ‘Done adding questions,’ this will take you to a new window, where the website will create a poll link that you can share on Snapchat.
8. You have the option of copying the URL, or you can directly share the link on Snapchat or other social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, or more.
9. After you have copied the poll URL link, you can open Snapchat and take a blank snap. Make sure you tell your snap users to swipe up to answer your poll question.
10. After taking a snap, you have to click on the paperclip icon from the right panel.
10. Now, paste the URL in the text box for ‘Type a URL.’
11. Finally, you can post your poll on your Snapchat story , where your Snapchat followers or friends can answer your poll question. Moreover, if you want to check the poll results, you can easily view your poll from the Pollsgo website itself.
Also Read: How To Disable Snapchat Account Temporarily
Method 2: Use LMK: Anonymous polls app
Another alternative for the above-mentioned website is the LMK: anonymous poll app that you can easily install on your smartphone. However, one slight difference between LMK and the previous poll creation website is that you cannot view the names of the users answering your poll question as LMK is an anonymous poll app where your Snapchat followers or friends can vote anonymously. Therefore, if you are looking for a good polling app that you can use on your smartphone, then LMK: Anonymous polls is the right option for you. It is available both for IOS and android devices. You can follow these steps for using this application.
1. The first step is to install the LMK: Anonymous polls app on your smartphone. For this, you can easily install the application from your Google Play store or the Apple App store .
2. After installing the application on your smartphone, you have to connect your Snapchat account by logging in with your Snapchat ID. If you are already logged in on your Snapchat account on your phone, you have to click on continue to log in.
3. Now, you can click on ‘New sticker’ at the bottom of the screen to access all the pre-framed poll questions, where you can select from all sorts of questions.
4. You can also create your own poll by adding a personal question. For this, you have to click on the option of ‘Create’ at the top right corner of the screen.
5. You will get three options for creating a poll that is a normal poll, a photo poll, or a poll for anonymous messages. You can select one of these three options.
6. After creating your poll, you have to click the share button on the screen. Since the share button is already linked with Snapchat, it will take you to your Snapchat account, where you can take a black background snap or add a selfie.
7. Finally, post the poll on your Snapchat story.
LMK: Anonymous polls do not give you access to view the names of the users who answered your poll. If you are looking for a poll app where you can view the names of the users answering your poll, then this application may not be for you.
Method 3: Use Opinionstage.com
The opinion stage is another option for users who are looking to create indulging and interactive poll questions. Opinion Stage is a website that allows users to create polls that are customizable. The users can add media, text, change background colors, and more. However, for using the services, the users have to make an account on the opionionstage.com. The procedure for creating a poll is pretty much the same as the previous methods. You have to create a poll and copy the poll URL to your Snapchat.
- How to Tag a Location in Snapchat
- How to Run Two Snapchat Accounts on One Android Phone?
- Find Someone on Snapchat Without Username or Number
We hope this article was helpful and you were able to do a poll on Snapchat. If you liked the article, let us know in the comments below. Also, if you know of any other methods for creating a poll on Snapchat, then feel free to drop it in the comments section.